1967 Ford Mustang Convertible
1967 Ford Mustang Fastback
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback - 40th Anniversary Bullitt Tribute
"The car is truly impressive, but the builder is even more so. I'll be hauling my wife's '67 vert up to Flag to get the Heidt's suspension with R&P setup. There's very few people I trust to work on my car, but Pete's attention to detail and extraordinary craftsmanship have definitely won me over."
JM, Phoenix, AZ
1 9 6 8 F O R D M U S T A N G F A S T B A C K,
R E E N M A C H I N E R E S T O M O D /
Re-engineered for Refined Ride & Handling & Total Reliability
(includes estimated $15,000 value of customer-supplied donor car)
Complete & Delivered
This fastback doesn't share a single engine, drivetrain, suspension, steering, brake system, or fuel system component with an original '68 Mustang.
I'm building it to be among the best all-around street-driven Mustangs out there. It has the level of detail of a "trailer queen" but is engineered to be a safe, comfortable performance car reliable enough to handle long-distance daily use.
This fastback was brought to me by the original owners and was one of the best-preserved Mustangs I have ever seen. It spent the first half of its life so far in southern California and the second half in a garage in Phoenix. This history is the perfect formula for a structure and body without a single speck of rust. It was the ideal candidate for a complete custom rotisserie restoration.
The owners wanted the car to appear the way it did when they drove it off the dealer's lot in 1968 but be as reliable, comfortable, and easy to drive as a brand new car, with excellent handling and plenty of power to boot.
- 5.0L Ford Racing GT40 engine
- Electronic fuel injection
- Serpentine belt system
- 4-wheel independent suspension
- 4-wheel high-performance power disc brakes
- Power rack & pinion steering
- World-Class T-5 5-speed manual transmission
- Custom instrument cluster
- Custom modern interior with classic Mustang styling
- Power windows and door locks
- Modern air conditioning
- Hella H4 halogen headlights
- Semi-concealed Hella driving lights
- LED tail, brake, backup, and parking lights with sequential turn signals
- Completely modernized electrical system
- Late-model Mustang Mach I 17" wheels
- 245/45 ZR17 run-flat tires with electronic tire pressure monitoring
- Safety fuel cell
- 3-point seat belts